Tuesday, May 4, 2010





Pics worth a thousand words.

the boat: Yankee 30 MKIII
power: A-4

Trying to get this boat back together and in the water, installed the cutlass bearing and shaft that came with the boat. When I slid the shaft in, it comes close to meeting up with the center of the engine shaft/coupling. If I give it a little pressure it lines up fine. I can blot it in place but see the rubber hose on the stuffing box flexes a little.


Not sure what the acceptable tolerances are, this is my 1st inboard.

Question is, should I align the engine to get closer or it this OK?


not sure what the exhaust thing on the left is for, I have a complete spare engine. Will not fit in the Yankee.















Standpipe. I like the idea, and I have all the parts. Going this way rather than the waterlift. At least to get her in the water.












Adjustable motor-mounts.







not sure what this hose is, crankcase breather?

No comments:

Post a Comment