Friday, March 13, 2009

I’m ready to get some work done on the boat!

I spent several nights this weekend diagnosing and fixing a worn governor gear in the Jeeps transmission. The damn thing wouldn’t shift out of 1st. But alas, all is fixed and she’s purring and shifting happy now.

Alia and I are heading over to Roslyn for a show tonight. I’m looking forward to getting some work in on Sunday but tonight is going to be nice and relaxing. I’ll plan on working on the boat a few nights next week to make up for the lost time. I’m also going to resume my 4 day work weeks so I can spend Friday-Sunday at the boat yard. I really want to make my self imposed June 1st deadline.


The boaters’ swap meet is coming up soon. When outfitting the Westerly I was able to find all sorts of deals here. From a boom vang for $25 to a 50amp smart charger for $60 this is the place to shop for deals. I’m in need of AC/DC panels, interior lights, some rope clutches, an oven/stove and a ton of other random things. The official start is 7am, but most of the good deals are gone by 4am. People are set up and shopping around midnight.
I need to add batteries for my headlamp to my shopping list.


I’ll remember my camera this weekend. I should have the last of the main cabin overhead battens in, and hopefully a significant part of the insulation too. I’ll take pictures of the chalk line trick for locating the battens overhead. I can then pattern and cut the main cabin overhead panels and begin to epoxy/ paint them. I’ll have to see how they lay, but I want to be able to easily take them down to access the cabin top hardware. I’ll probably opt to have the main cabin overhead in 5 sections, 4 pieces in the main cabin and one for the space between the main cabin/ forward cabin. This should leave no piece bigger than 4x4 which is a manageable size to remove and store in the boat while doing maintenance.
I hope that makes sense, like they say, a pictures worth a thousand words. It should come out like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment