Wednesday, September 16, 2009

most people's opinions are not based on reality...

Eric and I were chatting about boats on Sunday. Eric is working on re-rigging his boat and it sounds like he’s strongly considering using synthetic rigging like Dynex or Spectra.
http://www.dynexdux.com/
http://www.precourt.ca/
Since I’m still so far away from rigging, I’ll just watch what he does and go from there. But this looks intriguing.
We also spoke about thru-hulls and proper installation.
He tossed out the idea of Marelon,

I’ve been reading on line about it. Lots of opinions to say the least. And as Eric would say, most people's opinions are not based on reality...
It is ABYC certified. I’m going to call my insurance co and ask if they have any issues with it. If it’s good enough to be ABYC compliant and my insurance company won’t have any issues, well then I’d say it is a viable option.
Seeing as there are a lot of low quality “bronze” out there it might be nice to use Marelon. At least you know what you’re getting. I read (on the internet, so it must be true) that Hinckley uses Marelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment