Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Paint prep

This weekend was pretty crumby weather wise and so we bagged our camping trip and adopted a dog instead. This little guy comes home tomorrow. I hope he doesn’t get seasick.

There was a small break in the rain yesterday so I got down to the boat and faired in the filler at the bow. So, now I’m done!
I’m gathering materials tomorrow, I’m going to go with a primer coat. The Pettit Easypoxy http://www.pettitpaint.com/ can be applied without a primer, but I still have some fine scratches from the long board. I could just sand again with a finer grit, but I don’t want to. Also I think I’m getting too worried about these little marks. I spent some time inspecting other boats in the yard and even the ones that look great from 5 feet still have blemishes once you get real close. Either way, a coat of primer, and then some love with the 220 grit either on the orbital or long board and I’ll be ready to roll and tip the paint, This Weekend!!!
I’ll be sure to take pictures along the way. It’s really optimistic to be done by Sunday night but I’m trying. Alai is heading out of town Thursday morning, so the dog and I are going to pull a couple of long nights and try to prime the boat Thursday and block it Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment